At the pre-planning, planning, appeal, construction or operational phase of a residential development project, McCarthy Keville & O’Sullivan can offer a number of services to help your housing project run according to plan, while avoiding environmental problems.
How can we help?
From large-scale housing development above the threshold requiring an environmental impact assessment, through to smaller scale developments in more sensitive sites, an increasing number of proposed residential projects now require assessments of potential environmental impacts.
The services offered by McCarthy Keville O’Sullivan relevant to residential development projects are listed below, along with a short description of what we can do for our clients in each case. Click on the highlighted link for more details.
Projects that we have worked on in the area of residential development include green field new-build sites, demolition projects, restoration projects, multi-phase residential projects, small-scale cluster developments and high density town centre developments.
Services that we provide in this area include:
- Ecological Surveys : Survey the ecology of proposed residential development sites to assess ecological value and assist in determining design layout to minimise impacts.
- Ecological Impact Assessment : Assess the impact of the residential development project on the ecology of the site with a report that can be submitted with a planning application.
- Preliminary Ecological Assessments : Assess the ecological value of a proposed residential development site to determine how much further surveying may be required.
- Site & Construction Supervision : Monitor construction operations to ensure works are not giving rise to environmental nuisances or pollution.
- Environmental Impact Assessments : Assess the potential environmental impacts of a residential development and plan for the mitigation of identified impacts.
- EIA Screening : Determine if a proposed residential development requires an Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Environmental Monitoring : Monitor environmental factors such as water, noise and dust, to comply with planning requirements or EIS mitigation measure limits, or to ensure mitigation measures are operating as planned.
- Environmental Auditing : Assess compliance with planning or environmental conditions by means of regular site visits, and compliance reporting.
- Risk Management Planning : Assess potential environmental risks associated with construction phase of proposed residential development prior to commencement on a site-specific basis, to ensure effective mitigation.
- Site Supervision & Construction Site Setup : Plan and supervise construction site setup and the installation of mitigation measures for residential projects, including settlement ponds, silt fences, silt curtains, tree fences etc.
- Construction Waste Management Plans : Plan for the management of waste that will arise during the construction phase of a proposed residential development project, an increasingly common planning requirement.
- Operational Waste Management Plans : Plan for the management of waste that will arise during the operational phase of your residential development project, an increasingly common planning requirement.