The company is seeking to recruit a number of experienced ornithologists
, to conduct bird surveys at locations across Ireland. The successful candidates will be responsible for conducting a range of bird surveys on sites of proposed and existing large scale infrastructure projects, primarily wind farms.
The surveys to be undertaken would include vantage point surveys, adapted Brown and Shepherd surveys, breeding raptor surveys, wildfowl distribution surveys and specific surveys for species such as Greenland White Fronted Geese, White-tailed Eagles, Woodcock, etc.
Previous experience of carrying out such bird surveys, excellent bird ID, fieldwork skills and good IT and database management are essential prerequisites. The successful candidate will take up a position within the company’s ornithology team, reporting to the team’s director and working alongside other team members. The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of staff members to deliver project requirements.
- Have a high level of overall ornithological field skills.
- Provide regular updates to the project team on surveys underway.
- Compile all survey data as per standard reporting format provided and report to designated team members
- Have access to their own vehicle and have a full driving licence.
Any successful candidate could base themselves at and work from the company’s Galway office. Alternatively, due to the geographical spread of the company’s ongoing work, candidates may be able to work from their existing location without relocating to Galway, and only attend the company’s Galway office as required.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to firstname.lastname@example.org