MKO Estates & Project Management Ltd is a specialist Project Management subsidiary of McCarthy Keville O’Sullivan Ltd (MKO); which is a consultancy based in Galway city, employing 40+ staff across the company’s Project Management, Planning, Environmental, Ecology and Ornithology teams. We deliver project management services and development advisory services to a wide range of private and public sector clients; helping them to plan and deliver challenging and complex projects. Full details of the MKO’s services are outlined on the company website, www.mccarthykos.ie
The company is seeking to recruit a Project Manager
to join its Estates & Project Management
team and meet the increasing demand for the company’s Project Management, Development / Pre-project Advisory Services, Procurement Advisory Services and Estates & Property Management Advisory Services. The successful candidate will be working on a wide range of projects, from initial feasibility assessments to Project Management of the design and delivery of construction projects, across a variety of sectors, including commercial development, residential, education, and leisure. The position available will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide variety of project types in a variety of sectors; and gaining a broad range of experience. It is a role with significant scope for rapid progression within an expanding and dynamic team.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Day to day project management of projects, on behalf of clients, from inception to completion including effective interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members;
- Communicating effectively (verbal & written) with project stakeholders at all levels; client personnel, Design team, contractor / subcontractors, statutory bodies etc.;
- Arranging and minuting project meetings;
- Monitoring progress of project teams (Designers, Contractors, etc.) relative to goals / milestones;
- Proactively finding solutions to project challenges;
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines;
- Supporting the Estates & Project Management Director in business development activity and the delivery of advisory services.
- Producing high quality and accurate written reports, and technical documents to include:o Project Progress Reports
o Feasibility Assessments
o Tender documents
The role will involve working closely with the Estates & Project Management Director in the management of large / complex projects; and independently managing smaller projects, with progressively reducing supervision.
Experience & Attributes
The successful candidate will have the qualities and ambition to progress into a project leadership role on several concurrent projects, and possess a broad range of project management skills and attributes, including:
- Excellent Communications Skills; written and verbal
Influencing & negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Report writing skills
- Excellent Analytical ability
- Confident & assertive
- Organised & diligent, with good attention to detail
The successful candidates will have either a minimum of five years
post-graduate experience working in a construction professional services environment (Architecture, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, etc.), or
a minimum of three years
’ experience working in a client facing or client representative Project Management role dealing with multi-disciplinary teams.
Candidates must have a Level 8 degree qualification in a relevant area (Engineering, Architecture, Surveying, etc.). A specific Project management qualification would be an advantage.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to email@example.com