McCarthy Keville O’Sullivan Ltd. is a specialist consultancy based in Galway, employing 40+ staff across the company’s planning, environmental ecology and ornithology teams. We deliver challenging and complex projects on behalf of our clients and our range of nationwide expertise and multi-disciplinary service offering add real value to their projects. Full details of the company’s services are outlined on the company website, www.mccarthykos.ie
The company is seeking to recruit a Project Ecologist to join its Ecology team and meet the increasing demand for the company’s services. The successful candidate will be working on projects in the wind energy, drainage, road and built infrastructure sectors and it is essential that prospective candidates have relevant and recent experience in these sectors. The position available will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects utilising the various skills they may have acquired through formal training, personal interest and previous work experience.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Work as part of the ecology team to deliver project requirements;
- Manage medium to large scale projects from inception to completion;
- Have excellent ecological field skills, highlighting any specialist ecological expertise (either academic or interest) in their application;
- Have an in-depth knowledge of a broad range of environmental issues, fundamental to the preparation of high-quality, ecological impact assessments.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Preparing, compiling and project managing ecological assessments being produced by the company’s ecology team;
- Project management of ecological assessments and surveys, from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members;
- Undertaking background research, desk studies and ecological fieldwork and impact assessment reporting, to best-practice guidelines and methodologies;
- Efficiently managing interactions with project team members and sub-consultants;
- Liaising with client representatives to progress projects effectively;
- Finding solutions to ecological challenges on projects;
- Engaging with relevant authorities and stakeholders in ecological projects;
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines;
- Reporting (prepare and/or compile information for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for Project Directors i.e. job proposals issued, current projects, upcoming deadlines, etc).
Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a varied and full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines.
The successful candidates will have a minimum of five years post-graduate ecological experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.