Position: CAD Technician
Qualifications: Diatec certification of completion course in 3DS Max & Civil 3D, 2D & 3D City & Guilds Level 3 AutoCAD, FETAC level 5 & 6 Architectural Draughting
Shane O Connor holds the position of CAD Technician with McCarthy Keville O’Sullivan Ltd. since joining the company in April 2014. Prior to joining MKO, Shane worked as a free-lance CAD Technician and tended bars throughout his college years and gained experience as a CAD Technician while on summer placement in 2008. His previous experience included drafting a house, designing the interior for a business, pedestrian fire escape route for small bar area, designing logos, teaching AutoCAD, repairing corrupted drawing files for surveyor.
Key areas of expertise
- AutoCAD 2005-2016: 2D/3D drafting program.
- Autodesk 3DS Max 2016: 3D model and animation software
- AutoCAD Civil 2D 2016: civil engineering design software
- Autodesk Inventor Fusion 2012: 3D model editing software
- MapInfo Professional: graphic mapping & analysis application
- Adobe Photoshop: image editing & retouching program
- Adobe Acrobat: PDF editing software
- Adobe Dreamweaver: website design & FTP
- Windows Movie Maker: digital video editing program
- ArcGIS Explorer Desktop